April 3

I am back! I truly hope to stay that way! I worked one route hard. Took me forever to get up and it was a 5.8. I brought it up on Saturday. Nomophobia! (Zagy! Your climbs are the worst! *pumps fist in the air*)

It was awful. I hate climbs with bars where grip is... well nearly impossible unless you have worked on your grip some... but I got there! It took a lot of energy and a lot of technique that I’m being forced to practice. That’s good though! I came off that climb with only slight pain. Soreness really. Nothing that has me overly concerned and that is seriously the first time in months. Crossing my fingers it will stay this way. I have some means to attack the injuries. Slower pace, slower movements, more breaks... foot work... foot work... FOOT WORK! I also came home and did some exercises on muscles that don’t get worked. Extensor wrist curls (2 sets of 20) Two rotator cuff exercises (1 set of 10 for each) tricep dips (1 set of 15.) Pushups (1 set of 10) Plank... (2 sets of 30 seconds) all while watching TV. I’m definitely sore now and my shoulder seems to be a little more sore than I would like but this happened a few days ago and I was fine by morning. I have to work these muscles out or they will weaken and over extend. Body! Work with me!

Just before I left the gym I did one more but stopped due to finger soreness but my fingers seem fine now. 

5.8 soot...

This thing had holds that I’ve never seen before. They are a combination of pinchers and slopers and even slightly crimp on some... weirdest things. 



Once I got on the wall I was like, "what is this? What is going on here?!" As I’m pinching the stupid thing, thumb on one side and fingers in the other. Trying to find center or gravity and slightly flailing fingers gripping that sucker for all it’s worth. I ultimately flung off a few times and finally gave up for the night. Soot... you are my new project. 😂

Comments