Been awhile

It has been so long since I have logged anything on here. I hope to be able to start that again!

I have been injury after injury after injury. In and out. In and out. I finally went to PT to take care of that and found that my back is just really weak compared to the rest of my body. My muscles are really uneven so I have been working on that! I'm happy to report that my back is getting stronger and I'm back into climbing BUT at a much lower level unfortunately. The fortunate part is that I've learned. I am not moving up in levels until I am sending the climbs without having to come off the climbs on a regular basis. That way I know that I am ready to move up and I can prevent injuries that way. I am way too often thinking I'm ready to try a new level and then end up off the wall for a month or longer because of a new injury. Hopefully, that is over now. Of course, in this sport injury happens, but hopefully not to the degree that it was.

I am competing on June 22. (I can already hear your thoughts now.) Don't worry! It's a gym competition and I don't have to do any climbs that are over the level I am cleared to do and it's just for fun. They score your top three climbs so I plan on picking three of the highest climbs in my ability and climb those and score those. That's how I hope to do this anyway. I will monitor my body continuously. There will be no straining. As I said, done with all this off the wall for months nonsense.

Hopefully I will post more often, at least for myself. Likely more for myself since I'm almost certain no one else reads this thing.

Comments