December 20,2017

So after a decently long break i tried an overhang wall. It looks very similar to the red 5.8 i finished a few months ago but it’s not. The overhang is much more intense. I got my hands over the overhang but i couldn’t finish as my finger was sore. I am seriously not going to risk my fingers just to jump a step further then my body is ready. So i came down but it’s not a loss for me. The fact that i can still pull myself up like that is encouraging. I figured i might try to start doing 5.7 then 5.8 then 5.7 each time i climb but will likely still have to avoid overhangs for now. Technique will have to be my focus, not strength. In one picture below i have the hold my hand reached before i realized i can’t do much more today. I do hope that before the wall comes down I’ll be able to finish it but no hurry.



Comments