January 30,2018

I have been to the gym a number of times since my last entry. I had limited myself to slight overhangs but mostly slabs or straight up walls but I did start doing overhangs today. My finger is so so much better. Barely hurts at all now, so I think I can push myself a little harder but trying to learn footwork and not just grabbing a hold hard. Getting balance on the wall so I don’t have to. Anyway, here is what I am working on. I can’t remember the name of it right now but I’ll get it next time. 


So I am able to get right up to this one here.



It is a new type of hold. It requires you to be able to either have a good grip that has nothing to fully hang onto or to wrap both arms around it and use your legs to push yourself up and have balance. I couldn’t get it this time but I will. Technique is so much more important then it ever was! 

I climbed up one where in the past I would have been exhausted to even get to the overhang. It was easy, not even slightly tired. The difference is amazing! 

I’ll see you next time! 

Comments